Healthy and delicious roasted beetroot and quinoa burgers made with the simplest ingredients assembled with arugula and avocado.
- 170 grams beetroot (thick cubes) (measured post washing, peeling and cutting)
- 4 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 cup quinoa (cooked)
- 4 burger buns
- 2 cup arugula
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degree celsius. Cut the beetroot into thick cubes and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add one tables spoon olive oil and salt. Mix well. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Let this cool.
- To a blender or a food processor, add cooked quinoa, roasted beetroot, garlic powder, onion powder, one tsp olive oil and mix until well incorporated and a dough is formed.
- Divide the mixture into four parts to make beetroot quinoa patties.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a frying pan and pan fry the beetroot quinoa patties roughly 3 mins per side on medium low heat until the quinoa crust is golden brown in colour. Repeat for the remaining patties and keep aside.
- Grill the burger buns or lightly toast them. Keep aside.
- In a small bowl, smash the avocado, add lemon juice and salt and mix well.
- Assemble the burger with arugula leaves, beetroot quinoa patties and smashed avocado. Serve with fries.