Vegetarian Pad Thai (rice noodles) with mushrooms, baby corns and bok choy tossed in a sweet and spicy sauce, topped with some crushed toasted peanuts. Serve it as a meal in itself on a busy week night - so comfy and so delicious - also very easy to make.
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Garlic (chopped)
- 200 grams Rice Noodles
- 25 grams Dried Shiitake Mushrooms
- 25 grams Dried Oyster Mushrooms
- 80 grams Bok Choy (Chopped)
- 80 grams Baby Corn (Sliced)
- 4 tbsp Toasted Peanuts
- 2 tbsp Hot Sauce (like Sriracha)
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce (Light)
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce (dark)
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Stock
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Spring Onions (Chopped)
- Cook the rice noodles as per package instructions and keep aside.
- Add some boiling hot water to mushrooms and let sit covered for 20minutes until they become three times of their size. Squeeze out the excess water and slice them. Keep aside.
- In a wok, heat some oil and add garlic, mushrooms, baby corn and bok choy. Sauté on medium low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients listed under "sauce" and add to the veggies. Mix well and add the rice noodles.
- Season the noodles with salt and pepper and cook on medium low heat for 4-5 minutes until the sauce is evaporated.
- Transfer to serving bowls and add crushed peanuts, spring onions and extra lemon. Enjoy!