Crispy and crunchy salted caramel popcorn that is so easy and yummy. Coated with the most delicious golden brown salty caramel sauce giving you the perfect popcorn.
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (regular salted)
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 packs popcorn (see note 1)
- For the salted caramel sauce: add sugar to a heavy bottom pan and let melt on medium heat until an amber-golden-brown syrup is formed.
- Add butter and mix with the help of a whisk. Add cream and mix again and let the syrup come to a boil for about 4-5 seconds. Turn off the flame and add salt. Transfer carefully to a glass bowl.
- Prepare the popcorn and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degree celsius.
- Pour the salted caramel sauce over the popcorn (in the large bowl) and mix well until the popcorn is nicely coated with the sauce. Transfer this to a baking tray lined with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- After fifteen minutes, take the tray out of the oven and flip/ mix the caramel popcorn. Transfer the tray back into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the tray to the kitchen counter and let cool for 10-15 minutes and break the popcorn into small clusters and enjoy.
- For this recipe I used 2X 33 grams microwave popcorn packs which I simply cooked in the microwave giving me one large bowl or roughly 8-9 cups of cooked pop corn.