Creamy, luscious, easy and delicious no bake coffee chocolate cheesecake for lovers of coffee and chocolate. Make the perfect no bake cheesecake with cream cheese, whipping cream filling set over a decadent Oreo cookie crust.
- 24 pieces Chocolate Oreo Cookies
- 2 tbsp Butter (melted/ room temp)
- 1 cup Whipping Cream (cold)
- 1/3 cup Caster Sugar (also called breakfast sugar)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 cup Cream Cheese (room temp)
- 2 cups Milk Chocolate (chopped at room temp)
- 3 tsp Espresso Powder
- 1 tbsp Gelatine Powder
- 1/4 cup Water (room temp)
- Blend/ crush the Oreo cookies (with the chocolate cream) with butter until sand like texture is formed. Transfer to an 8 inch spring form and place in freezer until you prepare the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, add whipping cream, sugar and vanilla essence. With the help of a hand blender, whip until soft peaks are formed. Transfer this to refrigerator.
- In another bowl, lightly whip the cream cheese until it becomes smooth - not more than 1 or 2 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate with the help of double boiler and add espresso powder to it. Mix well and place on kitchen counter until is has slightly cooled down to be able to mix with cream cheese.
- Transfer the melted chocolate and espresso mixture to the cream cheese and whisk/ whip for 1 or 2 minutes until well combined.
- Add the whipped cream to this and whisk/ whip for 1 minute until everything is well incorporated. This is your cheesecake filling.
- In a small bowl add gelatine. Pour room temp water over the gelatine powder and let sit for 7 minutes.
- Transfer this mix to a saucepan and cook for 60-70 seconds on very low heat until the gelatine water mix just begins to thicken and bubbles are formed from the corners. (see notes)
- Add this mixture to the cheesecake filling mixing consistently so that gelatine is well incorporated in the mixture.
- Pour the filling over the chilled Oreo crust and let even out the top.
- Transfer this to refrigerator and let it set for at least 7-8 hours before serving.
When you start with the gelatine process, keep the filling of the cheesecake ready as the warm gelatine mix needs to be added to the filling immediately. If kept for too long in the bowl, the gelatine will begin to set and you will have to start the entire process of blooming the gelatine again.