Homemade Mushroom Vol Au Vents made with puff pastry loaded with delicious creamy mushroom filling – perfect party appetiser recipe.
- 500 grams Puff Pastry
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 200 grams Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp Flour
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Parsley (chopped)
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 170 degree celsius.
- Thaw and roll out the puff pastry and cut circles as shown above in the blog post.
- Brush some egg yolk and transfer the puffs to the oven and bake for 35 minutes until they are nicely puffed up and golden brown.
- Once baked, transfer them to the kitchen counter and let cool for around 15 minutes.
- While the puffs are in the oven, prepare the mushroom sauce.
- Chop the mushrooms very finely.
- In a pan, heat some oil and add the finely chopped mushrooms and cook on medium low heat until the mushrooms turn light brown golden in colour.
- Transfer the mushrooms to a bowl. In the same pan, add butter and garlic and let the garlic cook for a few seconds.
- Add the flour and keep stirring – it is better to use a whisk. Let the mixture turn light brown in colour.
- Add milk and let the sauce thicken.
- Now add the mushrooms, salt, pepper and chopped parsley.
- When the puffs are cooled down, add about 1 tablespoon of the mushroom sauce mixture and serve hot.