Delicious and easy vegan mushroom and scallion rice noodles tossed in homemade sweet and spicy Asian sauce. Ready in 20 minutes with simple ingredients.
- 300 grams rice noodles
- 1 cup scallions/ spring onions (chopped)
- 300 grams mushrooms
- 3 tbsp oil
Sweet and Spicy Asian Sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock (see notes)
- To a wok/ pan, add oil and let heat for a few seconds on high flame. Add mushrooms and cook until browned and caramelised.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, cook the rice noodles as per package instructions (or soak in hot water)
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients listed under "sauce".
- To the cooked mushrooms, add cooked/ soaked rice noodles, spring onions and sauce.
- Cook for a few minutes until the sauce has nicely evaporated and the noodles are well coated in the sauce and look glossy.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Vegetable Stock: If you can not find vegetable stock, simply mix vegetable stock cube with hot water until dissolved. Use 1 cube for every 1 cup of hot water. This is the brand I use in my kitchen to make vegetable stock.
Keywords: vegan, vegetarian, asian, meal, rice, noodles