Creamy pasta salad made with luscious mascarpone cheese "dressing" tossed in olives, sun dried tomatoes, corn and fresh arugula making this so perfect for spring and summer time! So fresh and so easy to make.
- 500 grams/ 1 pound Pasta (Fusilli is what I used)
- 1 jar/ 1 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 3/4 cup Olives
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (grated, preferably freshly grated)
- 1 bag/ 5-6 cups Arugula or Baby Spinach or Rocket Leaves
Mascarpone Cheese Salad Dressing
- 1 cup Mascarpone Cheese (softened/ room temperature)
- 2-3 tbsp Milk (full fat)
- 3-4 tbsp oil from Sun Dried Tomatoes Jar
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 3/4 cup Corn
- 1/4 cup Parsley (finely chopped)
- Boil pasta as per package instructions and let cool completely.
- Mascarpone Cheese Salad Dressing: Mix room temperature mascarpone cheese* with some milk and oil until it loses in consistency. Add salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, chopped parsley. Pour over cold pasta and toss until well coated. Do not use blender at any point (see notes)
- Bringing together the Pasta Salad: Add chopped sun dried tomatoes, olives, corn, grated parmesan, arugula and toss well.
- Transfer to refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Mixing mascarpone cheese - At NO POINT, consider whisking or blending the mascarpone cheese dressing in a grinder/ blender/ food processor - it will split! Consider softly mixing with a spoon.
Keywords: vegetarian, pasta, salad, summer, spring, recipe, meatless