Tropical Summer style Macaroni Pasta Salad loaded with fresh mango, avocado, grilled pineapple, roasted crispy spicy corn, ossed in a delicious cilantro jalapeño tangy mayonnaise ranch dressing with a hint of garlic.
- 500 grams macaroni (or any pasta) - see note 1
- 2 mangoes (cubed or cut in chunks)
- 2 avocados (cubed or cut in chunks)
- 6 thick slices or 2 cups of pineapple (cubed or cut in chunks)
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika or chilli powder
Cilantro Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small cloves of garlic - roughly 1 tsp
- 1/4 cup jalapeños (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup coriander (roughly chopped)
- Start with boiling the macaroni as per package instructions. While the pasta is boiling, prepare the rest of your ingredients.
- Pre-heat the oven to 210 degree celsius and line a large baking sheet with foil/ aluminium sheet or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add corn, olive oil and paprika. Mix and transfer to one half of the baking sheet.
- Transfer drained (dried) pineapple chunks on the other half of the baking sheet and transfer to oven. Let roast for 25 minutes. In the meanwhile, prepare the salad dressing.
- To a blender, add all ingredients of the ranch dressing and mix until a creamy sauce or dressing is prepared. Store in refrigerator while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the drained and cooled down macaroni, chunks of mangoes and avocados, roasted corn and pineapple. Pour the dressing and mix well until all the pasta is well coated. Refrigerate the pasta salad for at least 1 hour before serving.
Note 1: If you dont have macaroni, or dont like it, you can use whatever pasta you have in your pantry: fusilli works well too, so does penne or farfalle. Spaghetti would be my last choice, but yes, you can use that kind too, for this summer pasta salad recipe.
Keywords: vegetarian, pineapple, mango, avocado, salad, corn