Easy banana, cream and dulce de leche pie, this banoffee pie recipe is the easiest no bake recipe ever. This easy recipe requires only 4 ingredients!
- 24 pieces Plain Butter Cookies
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter (or ghee) (melted)
- 1 can Dulce de luche (400 grams (see recipe notes))
- 3 pieces Bananas (thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cup Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Blend the plain butter cookies until they are powder like - consistency of sand.
- Add melted butter or ghee and blitz again until it looks like wet sand.
- Spread evenly on a 9 inch pie dish and transfer to freezer for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the whipping cream by whisking heave cream, sugar and vanilla for 5-6 minutes on medium speed until soft peaks are formed. Transfer to refrigerator to be used later.
- After 30minutes, when the crust on the pie dish is completely set, spread dulce de leche evenly all over the crust.
- Add the sliced bananas.
- Add the whipping cream and let the pie set for 4-5 hours in refrigerator.
- Sprinkle some chopped chocolate before serving.
How to make dulce de leche?
In a pressure cooker (Indian pressure cooker) add one can of condensed milk and cover it completely with water so that it is fully dipped. Let cook until 2 whistles and then simmer for 10 minutes and finally turn off the flame. Let this sit until the steam is released. Then let the can rest until it reaches room temperature (do not open the can when it is hot - it will burst!) Open the can only when it has cooled down completely.