Unbelievably creamy tomato basil pasta with oven roasted vegetables - easy, filling and healthy & pink in colour 😉 .. perfect for date night 😀
- 150 grams penne
- 1 cup red bell pepper (cubed)
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper (cubed)
- 1 cup green bell pepper (cubed)
- 1 cup broccoli (cut in florets)
- 400 grams tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic (chopped)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 tbsp basil (chopped)
- 4 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree celsius. Line a baking tray with foil or parchment paper.
- In the meanwhile, boil the pasta as per package instructions.
- In a bowl, add the bell peppers and broccoli. Add 2 tbsp oil, salt and pepper. Mix and transfer to the baking sheet. Transfer this to the oven and let the vegetables roast for 20-25 minutes.
- In a pan, add remaining oil, garlic and sauté for a couple of minutes until lightly fragrant.
- In a blender, add the tomatoes and blend for a few seconds until a fine puree is formed. Keep aside to be used for the sauce.
- In a large pan, add remaining oil and garlic. Sauté until the garlic is fragrant. Add the tomato puree, salt and pepper. Cook on medium flame until a thick tomato sauce is formed.
- Add basil leaves, wine, vegetable stock, pasta and grilled veggies. Cook for 4-5 minutes until everything is well incorporated. Transfer to serving bowls and sprinkle with some parsley or parmesan.