Easy and delicious creamy mushroom pasta made using homemade velvety white sauce (inspired by béchamel sauce) mastering the art of the perfect roux of flour and butter.
- 2 cups Pasta (measured before boiling)
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 5 tsp Butter
- 4 tbsp Flour
- 1/2 tsp Garlic essence
- 200 grams Mushrooms (sliced)
- chopped Parsley (for sprinkling)
- Salt & Pepper
- Boil the pasta as per package instructions.
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp butter and add sliced mushrooms. Let cook on medium high for about 4-5 minutes. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining butter and let it melt completely on low flame. Now add flour and whisk for about 50-60 seconds until the mixture turns light brown in colour. A paste like consistency must have achieved at this step.
- Add the milk, cream, garlic essence, salt and pepper and let this come to a boil. As the sauce thickens, add in the boiled pasta and mushrooms. Let this cook for just about one or two more minutes before you turn off the flame at this step.
- Mix well and sprinkle some parsley before serving hot.