Soft, sweet and spicy corn kebabs (makki ke kebabs) made with sweet corn, carrots, capsicum and roasted gram flour, a simple gluten free recipe that comes together so easily to give you the perfect appetiser.
- 115 grams Sweet Corn (boiled)
- 50 grams Carrots (chopped)
- 50 grams Capsicum (chopped)
- 115 grams Potato (boiled and mashed)
- 1/2 cup Roasted Besan (Gram Flour) (see recipe notes)
- Chilli Powder
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic (crushed)
- Add capsicum, carrots, garlic and 3/4th quantity of corn to a blender and blend for a few seconds to form a pasty mixture. Just a few seconds only probably 3-5.
- Add this to a large dish and mix together with mashed potato, roasted besan (gram flour), chilli powder, salt and remaining corn.
- Divide the mixture into 10 parts and prepare kebabs.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan and shallow fry 5 kebabs on medium heat for 1 1/2 min per side. Repeat for remaining kebabs and serve hot with chilli dip/ chutney.
To prepare the roasted besan (gram flour) - add regular besan (gram flour) to a pan and dry roast on high heat for maximum one minute stirring consistently with the help of a whisker/ egg beater. Let this cool down to room temperature before adding it to the kebabs.