The simplest cinnamon french toast recipe made with milk, eggs, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon. Serve with fresh fruits and maple syrup. YUM!
- 6 slices bread of your choice ((see note 1))
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3 tbsp butter (salted or unsalted) ((see note 2))
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon powder to prepare a custard.
- In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp of butter. Once this has melted, swirl around in the pan. Dip bread slice into the batter and transfer to the buttered pan - two slices at a time.
- Let cook for 3-4 minutes on medium low heat and flip. Continue cooking for additional couple of minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining bread and custard, giving the custard a mix before every dip.
- Transfer the cinnamon french toasts to a plate and serve wit fresh fruits and honey or maple syrup.
- You can use whatever bread you like. I use multigrain bread slices or sourdough bread. Only important thing is that the bread should not be very soft. The best bread to use is something that is a couple of days old. If the bread is too soft, then toast it for a couple of minutes before dipping it in the custard.
- I like to use salted butter for this recipe, but you can use unsalted too.