Hearty, delicious and real comfort food - this chickpeas spinach coconut curry served with rice is perfect for a week night meal.
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (extra virgin)
- 2/3 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 1/2 cups chickpeas (boiled)
- 3 cups spinach (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- In a pan, heat coconut oil. Add onions, garlic and ginger. Cook for a couple of minutes on medium low heat.
- Add tomato paste, curry powder and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, water, chickpeas and spinach and cook until the curry has thickened to your liking and spinach has wilted. Add salt.
- Serve with rice.