No fuss, delicious and easy cheesy hara bhara kebab (spinach & pea fritters) - perfect appetiser recipe. can be enjoyed as a snack on its own or served with salad.
- 200 grams Spinach (chopped)
- 100 grams Peas
- 140 grams Potatoes (boiled and grated)
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 3 slices White Bread
- 1 1/2 tbsp Aamchoor/ Dry Mango Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 2 Cubes Cheese (40 grams)
- In a frying pan, heat 2 tbsp oil. Add peas and ginger and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium low heat until the peas re lightly toasted.
- Add spinach and cook until completely wilted. This should take 10 - 15 minutes. Let the mixture cool down.
- Blend bread slices until bread crumbs are formed.
- Pulse the cooled down spinach and peas mixture only for a few seconds retaining the texture.
- In a large dish, mix together bread crumbs, grated potato, spinach and peas mix. Add the spices and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal parts/ fritters. Now flatten each kebab and add 1 tsp of grated cheese and prepare the tikki/ kebab by sealing it from all edges.
- Shallow fry with remaining oil - roughly 4 mins per side on medium heat. Serve hot.