Unbelievably easy, yet delicious brown butter garlic pasta noodles tossed in crunchy, (baked & crispy) toasted golden breadcrumbs - simple, hearty and comforting vegetarian lunch or dinner noodle bowl.
- 150 grams noodles
- 4 tbsp butter (cubed)
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tbsp chilli flakes
- 1 cup bread crumbs (3 slices)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Boil the pasta as per package instructions.
- While the noodles are boiling, prepare the brown butter sauce adding some cubed butter to a pot or a pan and let that melt over medium heat while stirring with a wooden spoon.
- After a few seconds, you would notice the butter sizzling, forming a foamy texture. Continue stirring with the wooden spoon.
- After about 3-4 minutes, the butter will start getting darker in colour (golden brown) and you would notice the milk solids getting toasted on the bottom of your pot or pan. (see video of the recipe right above the recipe card)
- This is your brown butter sauce that is caramelised and nutty. Switch the flame from medium to low and add the chopped garlic and mix for a few seconds.
- Add the boiled and cooked noodles.
- Add chilli flakes and mix well.
- Add salt, pepper, toasted bread crumbs and mix well until the noodles are well coated with the crispy bread crumbs and chilli flakes.
- Transfer to serving bowls and add some freshly grated parmesan. Serve.
Keywords: pasta, noodles, spaghetti, butter, garlic, brown, simple, quick, easy