Healthy, delicious and nutritious roasted beetroot hummus bowls with pita bread and oven roasted sheet pan vegetables giving you a yummy vegan filling meal! So pretty to look at, and so easy to make.
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper (cut in chunks)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut in chunks)
- 1 medium carrot (thick cubes)
- 1 medium sweet potato (cut in chunks)
- 1 medium cauliflower (cut in florets)
- 1 medium beetroot (cut in chunks)* – see notes
- 2–3 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice or 1 lime
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- roasted beetroot hummus (click here for full recipe & video)
- pita bread
- freshly chopped coriander for garnishing
- seeds (sunflower, melon etc.)
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degree celsius and line a baking tray with parchment paper or use a sheet pan.
- To a large mixing bowl, add all the veggies, olive oil and salt. Mix well and transfer to the baking sheet and then the oven. Let cook/ bake/ roast for 20-25 mins. Transfer the roasted veggies to a large bowl and toss well with lemon juice and cumin powder. Add paprika if you like. Test for salt and keep aside.
- Prepare the beetroot hummus bowls: Spread homemade beetroot hummus to bowls, add roasted veggies and sprinkle with freshly chopped coriander. May be also add some seeds? Serve with warm pita bread.
Fresh beetroot v/s pre-cooked beets
You would need beetroot for both: hummus and roasted veggies. This recipe calls for fresh beetroot but feel free to use pre-cooked beetroot if you have access.
- For BEETROOT HUMMUS -> I prefer roasting the beetroot to make smooth and creamy beetroot hummus. Some people have tried boiling it. You could try to use pre-cooked beets, however I remain unsure how well that would blend with the chickpeas (when you make the hummus)
- For ROASTED VEGGIES -> It seems convenient to throw in some fresh beetroot together with the other vegetables to cook in the oven. However, you could save some time peeling, if you would like to add pre-cooked beets directly to the finished roasted veggie mix and then further toss with lemon and cumin.