Tiktok inspired viral feta cheese pasta! Creamy baked feta pasta with cherry tomatoes and basil that is so delicious and so easy to make. With just five main ingredients, this recipe is perfect for a delicious vegetarian meal.
- 150 grams pasta (roughly 6 oz.)
- 200 grams block of feta cheese (7-8 oz.)
- 200 grams cherry or grape tomatoes (1 cup or 7 oz.)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 1 tsp garlic (minced/ crushed)
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- Preheat the oven 400°F (205°C).
- Baked Feta Cherry Tomato Sauce -> To a large baking dish (9X13 inches), add cherry or grape tomatoes. Add (1 1/2) tbsp olive oil and pepper and toss well so that all tomatoes are covered in oil and pepper.
- Make some space in the middle of the dish and add the block of feta cheese. Pour the remaining olive oil (1/2 tbsp) and sprinkle some more pepper and rub on both sides of the feta cheese block. Transfer the dish to the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Cook the pasta -> While the sauce cooks in the oven, boil the pasta (or pasta noodles) as per package instructions. Reserve about 1/4-1/2 cup of starchy pasta water before draining.
- Assembling -> After about 30-35 mins in the oven, the feta should have browned a little and the block will turn into a soft creamy mix and the cherry tomatoes would seem charred, jammy and blistered. Take the dish out of the oven and immediately add crushed garlic and basil leaves. (You can also add onion powder and oregano or chilli flakes for some extra flavour - totally optional) - mix well until a creamy sauce is formed. Press the tomatoes with the back of the spoon or a fork. You may wanna add some reserved pasta water to get the "sauce-like" consistency.
- Add pasta and mix well. Transfer to serving bowls and add some more chopped basil or chopped parsley & enjoy.