Unbelievably simple and delicious five ingredient mascarpone pasta recipe that is ready in just fifteen minutes. Creamy, rich and perfect vegetarian meal that is ideal for a date night.
- 3 cups of pasta of your choice
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 cup (225 grams) mascarpone cheese (room temperature)
- Boil pasta as per package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water and drain the pasta.
- To a heated pan, add oil and garlic. Let cook for a few seconds on low flame.
- Add room temperature mascarpone cheese, starchy pasta water (see notes), salt, pepper and oregano. Mix for a few seconds until a creamy sauce is formed.
- Add cooked pasta and mix well until all pasta shells are coated with the luscious velvety cream sauce.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on low flame and serve hot.
Pasta water: What is pasta water? Pasta water is nothing but reserved starchy liquid that you get when you boil the pasta. You would need somewhere between 1/4 to 1/2 cup of pasta water for the recipe. Keep adding gradually to the mascarpone cheese (and garlic mix) until a velvety sauce is formed. It should be thick and creamy.
Keywords: vegetarian, pasta, recipe, Italian, cream, cheese