Delicious and easy ten minute Thai red curry rice noodles that are perfectly sweet and spicy, bursting with Asian flavours and super ideal for a quick vegan dinner/ lunch recipe and made with a very short list of ingredients.
- 150 grams Rice Noodles or any kind of noodles (spaghetti, udon)
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce (see Notes)
- 3 tbsp Red Thai Curry Paste
- 2/3 cup Coconut Milk
- Toppings: Sesame Seeds, Spring Onions (roughly chopped)
- Cook the noodles as per package instructions (I cook rice noodles by adding hot boiling water to raw uncooked noodles and covering for 10 minutes until they soften up)
- While the noodles are cooking, heat sesame oil in a wok/ pan and add garlic and ginger. Cook until lightly fragrant (roughly one minute on medium low flame)
- Mix together Thai red curry paste with a tablespoon of water and add the mix to the sesame oil ginger, garlic. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add coconut milk, sugar, soy sauce and let the sauce cook for a 4-5 minutes until thickened.
- Add the cooked rice noodles and mix well. Taste and test for salt. Sprinkle sesame seeds and spring onions. Enjoy!
Soy Sauce: If using dark, then about 1 tablespoon or 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce.