Making chocolate buttercream frosting has always been on our list but we never actually made it because neither did we have the right piping bag and nor did we have enough motivation. All of our troubles were solved one weekend – when Fackelmann India sent us a beautiful hamper that had their best baking products and that really motivated us to make these gorgeous cupcakes (recipe for cupcakes coming soon as well :D) which were frosted with the homemade butter cream frosting inspired by Sally’s bake blog.
Its so easy to make buttercream frosting at home and it will turn your simple muffin to a pretty looking cupcake in just a few steps. This Fackelmann Piping bag comes with six nozzle tips and of course its re-usable. It definitely made the frosting process so much easier and it was so much fun to decorate simple looking muffins with creamy frosting and sprinkles.
To frost the cupcake, start from the middle of the cupcake and move the piping bag in circular motion towards the outside. We double frosted them by bringing the piping bag again towards the centre of the cupcake as shown below. Click here for the video.
One very important thing that needs to be taken care of while making this frosting is to use very soft butter. Take the butter out of the fridge already an hour or so in advance and let it come to room temperature before you beat it with the electric mixer. You simply cream the butter and then add cocoa, sugar, vanilla, cream and milk and then give it a good mix followed by beating the mixture again until the frosting is really fluffed up and ready. Here is the step by step recipe and click here to watch the video on our Youtube Channel
Chocolate buttercream frosting
By Sheenam and Muskaan November-29-2017
Creamy chocolate buttercream frosting to top your cupcakes and cakes.
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Yield: Total 10-11 medium sized muffins can be frosted with this
- 100 grams soft unsalted butter
- 130 grams powdered sugar
- 24 grams cocoa powder
- 20 ml milk
- 10 ml heavy cream
- one teaspoon vanilla essence
- In a bowl, beat the soft butter with a hand mixer on medium speed for about one minute until its very creamy.
- Add the cocoa powder, powdered sugar, milk and cream and mix well with a spatula. Now beat this mixture on medium speed for one minute and then on high speed for another one minute. Add some more milk (if needed) in case your frosting is too thick and then beat again.
- Transfer the frosting to the piping bag and frost your cupcakes or cake and serve.