Looking for an easy no bake-dessert to make this strawberry season? This Strawberry & Chocolate Tart is one of the easiest desserts to make and you need just a handful ingredients that are put together and the tart goes in the refrigerator to be chilled and served later.
There is something about the super combination of Strawberries and Chocolate that makes you want to try so many things with them. Who doesn’t love simple strawberries dipped in chocolate or just strawberries covered COMPLETELY with chocolate? This combination is just deadly! Anyway, I am so glad I tried this dessert and was also able to use the same for a bigger tart => 10-inch tart and serve it to our guests.
All you need for these tarts are some fresh strawberries, milk chocolate, oreos, melted butter and some cream, which was measured carefully in the measuring mug from Fackelmann India
By Sheenam and Muskaan December-28-2017
Easy chocolate tarts topped with fresh strawberries
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 15 mins, plus 2 hours chilling
Total time: 2 hours 20 mins
Yield: Two 4-inch tarts
- 122 grams oreo cookies
- 40 grams unsalted butter (melted)
- 100 mls of cream
- 110 grams strawberries
- 100 grams chopped milk chocolate (we used Morde)
- Blend the oreo cookies until a crumby texture is formed.
- Transfer the oreos to a bowl and add the melted butter to it. Mix together until the oreos crumbs are moist and a little sticky texture is formed.
- Press the cookie mixture on the tart shells with the help of a spoon and smoothen up with the tips of your fingers. Freeze this for roughly 15 minutes.
- Pour the cream in a bowl and heat this in the microwave (do not boil, just slight simmering should work) and pour this over the chopped up milk chocolate. Let it sit for about 30 seconds and then mix together until all the chocolate is melted.
- Pour the chocolate on the cold oreo tarts and this goes back again in the refrigerator for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Slice the strawberries and cover the tarts with them. Keep the tarts in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour 45 minutes more before serving.
Guess we must not keep repeating our sentence over and over again in almost every blog post – WE LOVE WORKING WITH PUFF PASTRY! We discovered puff pastry at a local grocery store about a year and a half ago and have been experimenting with it ever since. Muskaan got so over-joyed in the first few months, that she made nutella croissants every second week! Imagine! But the store bought puff pastry is actually so so good, you would always feel like trying new recipes with it.
Anyway we have lately tried so many recipes with puff pastry involving cream cheese, different vegetables and also the sweeter version (again with cream cheese) and some berries. All of them coming soon, but we start with the Super-Season-Special => Christmas Special puff pastry recipe for you guys. This super adorable looking Christmas Tree is just something you can make with THREE ingredients – YES! Thats it! You only need puff pastry, chocolate (preferably nutella spread) and some milk for brushing. Also some icing sugar (optional!) The trick to this gorgeous looking Christmas Tree is making the twists properly- but don’t you guys worry, we have all the steps properly written for you in the recipe below.
You start by thawing the two sheets of puff pastry (should be thawed but still should be cold) and then roll out to shape both the sheets into rectangles of same size. Then the first pastry is covered with chocolate in the shape of a triangle (the Christmas tree) and then cover this sheet with other sheet of puff pastry. You have to cut out all the excess pastry (the part that is not covered with chocolate spread) – trust us, you will be able to feel with your fingers which part is covered and which part is not covered. Cut out the excess part of the pastry to form a proper tree.
With the help of a knife or a pizza-cutter, start making the branches – you need to make sure that they DO NOT meet from both the sides.
Twist each branch very carefully. If your chocolate spread has already started to get hard, then twist the pastry with extra care – it will take some effort, but eventually you should be able to twist them (at least two turns) and the top three branches – just one turn is enough.
Now brush the entire puff pastry tree with some milk and BAKE!
Here is the recipe for you guys:
Chocolate braided Christmas Tree
by Sheenam & Muskaan December – 23 – 2017
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 2 packs of 300 grams puff pastry
- 80 grams chocolate chips or nutella spread
- 2 tablespoons milk
- icing sugar for sifting post baking
- Thaw and roll out the puff pastry to form rectangles (as explained in the post above)
- Spread the chocolate spread of nutella on the pastry followed by covering it completely with another sheet of puff pastry.
- Prepare the christmas tree as explained in the post above.
- Brush the tree with some milk and bake it for 18-22 minutes in pre-heated oven at 180 degrees or until they are brown and cooked.
- Sift some icing sugar before serving. (optional)