With Christmas just around the corner and major meal planning going on, this ultimate side dish is a winner at big family dinners. Roasted potatoes are a hit at any kind of meal and serve as the best side dish or simple appetiser served with some sour cream dip.
If you guys have been following us, you definitely must have seen how often we bake potatoes – be it simple classic baked potato, or baked potato wedges or sweet potato fries (with which we have been slightly obsessed lately :D)
So good in flavour, these potatoes are best made with fresh rosemary instead of dried ones. These potatoes are so so easy to make and are ready in about thirty minutes with just a handful ingredients.
You simply boil the baby potatoes and cut them by two, followed by mixing all your ingredients and then leave it in the oven for the magic to happen.
A little tip => Once the potatoes are in the oven, keep checking the potatoes every 7-8 minutes. In this recipe the potatoes on the tray were turned twice (first after the first 10 minutes and then again after 10 minutes) – you might also want to turn your baking tray bringing the back to the front. These potatoes, once cooked, should be perfectly crisp and brown. Go ahead and serve these crispy roasted potatoes with your main dishes with a very very simple recipe.
Lets get started with the recipe 🙂
Rosemary and garlic baby potatoes
by Sheenam & Muskaan December – 16 – 2017
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 500 grams baby potatoes
- 50 grams melted butter
- 10 cloves of garlic (5 minced and 5 full cloves)
- 4-5 sprigs of rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the baby potatoes properly (do not peel them) and parboil them for about ten minutes.
- In the meanwhile pre heat the oven to 180 degree celsius.
- Place the boiled potatoes in a large bowl and cut each baby potato by two.
- Add the melted butter, minced garlic, full cloves of garlic, salt and pepper and the rosemary to the potatoes.
- Transfer the potatoes to a baking tray and place one sprig of rosemary on the potatoes and bake them for about 25 to 30 minutes and serve.
=> keep checking the potatoes every 7-8 minutes. In this recipe the potatoes on the tray were turned twice (first after the first 10 minutes and then again after 10 minutes) – they should be perfectly crisp and brown.
Our go-to pasta and the easiest dinner option – without any doubt: Spaghetti tossed in olive oil, butter, garlic and chilli flakes. If you are a garlic lover just like us, we can bet you, you would love this super easy super delicious spaghetti aglio olio pasta.
If you really think about it, this dinner dish comprises of hardly any ingredients and still is one of the most eaten comfort meals! Just top this garlicy pasta with some parmesan cheese (game-changer!) and dig in!!!
We had put a video of this dish as our first youtube video on our channel. Click here to see the video 🙂 Show us some love guys – like, subscribe and share (we are still in our super early stage!) Anyway, this pasta was made yesterday for dinner and we had posted a picture on our Instagram profile and many of you guys had asked for the recipe, so we decided to write a full post about it 🙂
Here is the recipe:
Spaghetti Aglio Olio
by Sheenam & Muskaan December – 10 – 2017
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
- 200-250 grams spaghetti
- one tablespoon olive oil
- 10 grams butter
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- finely chopped garlic cloves: 4-6
- salt to taste
- grated parmesan cheese
- Boil the spaghetti as per package instructions. Do not rinse with water!
- While the pasta is boiling, heat oil and butter in a pan.
- Add the crushed garlic and chilli flakes and let it cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti and toss it well in the butter and chilli mixture.
- Transfer it to a pasta dish and top with parmesan cheese (and parsley: optional!) and serve!