Guess we must not keep repeating our sentence over and over again in almost every blog post – WE LOVE WORKING WITH PUFF PASTRY! We discovered puff pastry at a local grocery store about a year and a half ago and have been experimenting with it ever since. Muskaan got so over-joyed in the first few months, that she made nutella croissants every second week! Imagine! But the store bought puff pastry is actually so so good, you would always feel like trying new recipes with it.
Anyway we have lately tried so many recipes with puff pastry involving cream cheese, different vegetables and also the sweeter version (again with cream cheese) and some berries. All of them coming soon, but we start with the Super-Season-Special => Christmas Special puff pastry recipe for you guys. This super adorable looking Christmas Tree is just something you can make with THREE ingredients – YES! Thats it! You only need puff pastry, chocolate (preferably nutella spread) and some milk for brushing. Also some icing sugar (optional!) The trick to this gorgeous looking Christmas Tree is making the twists properly- but don’t you guys worry, we have all the steps properly written for you in the recipe below.
You start by thawing the two sheets of puff pastry (should be thawed but still should be cold) and then roll out to shape both the sheets into rectangles of same size. Then the first pastry is covered with chocolate in the shape of a triangle (the Christmas tree) and then cover this sheet with other sheet of puff pastry. You have to cut out all the excess pastry (the part that is not covered with chocolate spread) – trust us, you will be able to feel with your fingers which part is covered and which part is not covered. Cut out the excess part of the pastry to form a proper tree.
With the help of a knife or a pizza-cutter, start making the branches – you need to make sure that they DO NOT meet from both the sides.
Twist each branch very carefully. If your chocolate spread has already started to get hard, then twist the pastry with extra care – it will take some effort, but eventually you should be able to twist them (at least two turns) and the top three branches – just one turn is enough.
Now brush the entire puff pastry tree with some milk and BAKE!
Here is the recipe for you guys:
Chocolate braided Christmas Tree
by Sheenam & Muskaan December – 23 – 2017
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 2 packs of 300 grams puff pastry
- 80 grams chocolate chips or nutella spread
- 2 tablespoons milk
- icing sugar for sifting post baking
- Thaw and roll out the puff pastry to form rectangles (as explained in the post above)
- Spread the chocolate spread of nutella on the pastry followed by covering it completely with another sheet of puff pastry.
- Prepare the christmas tree as explained in the post above.
- Brush the tree with some milk and bake it for 18-22 minutes in pre-heated oven at 180 degrees or until they are brown and cooked.
- Sift some icing sugar before serving. (optional)
With Christmas just around the corner and major meal planning going on, this ultimate side dish is a winner at big family dinners. Roasted potatoes are a hit at any kind of meal and serve as the best side dish or simple appetiser served with some sour cream dip.
If you guys have been following us, you definitely must have seen how often we bake potatoes – be it simple classic baked potato, or baked potato wedges or sweet potato fries (with which we have been slightly obsessed lately :D)
So good in flavour, these potatoes are best made with fresh rosemary instead of dried ones. These potatoes are so so easy to make and are ready in about thirty minutes with just a handful ingredients.
You simply boil the baby potatoes and cut them by two, followed by mixing all your ingredients and then leave it in the oven for the magic to happen.
A little tip => Once the potatoes are in the oven, keep checking the potatoes every 7-8 minutes. In this recipe the potatoes on the tray were turned twice (first after the first 10 minutes and then again after 10 minutes) – you might also want to turn your baking tray bringing the back to the front. These potatoes, once cooked, should be perfectly crisp and brown. Go ahead and serve these crispy roasted potatoes with your main dishes with a very very simple recipe.
Lets get started with the recipe 🙂
Rosemary and garlic baby potatoes
by Sheenam & Muskaan December – 16 – 2017
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 500 grams baby potatoes
- 50 grams melted butter
- 10 cloves of garlic (5 minced and 5 full cloves)
- 4-5 sprigs of rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the baby potatoes properly (do not peel them) and parboil them for about ten minutes.
- In the meanwhile pre heat the oven to 180 degree celsius.
- Place the boiled potatoes in a large bowl and cut each baby potato by two.
- Add the melted butter, minced garlic, full cloves of garlic, salt and pepper and the rosemary to the potatoes.
- Transfer the potatoes to a baking tray and place one sprig of rosemary on the potatoes and bake them for about 25 to 30 minutes and serve.
=> keep checking the potatoes every 7-8 minutes. In this recipe the potatoes on the tray were turned twice (first after the first 10 minutes and then again after 10 minutes) – they should be perfectly crisp and brown.