Looking for an easy no bake-dessert to make this strawberry season? This Strawberry & Chocolate Tart is one of the easiest desserts to make and you need just a handful ingredients that are put together and the tart goes in the refrigerator to be chilled and served later.
There is something about the super combination of Strawberries and Chocolate that makes you want to try so many things with them. Who doesn’t love simple strawberries dipped in chocolate or just strawberries covered COMPLETELY with chocolate? This combination is just deadly! Anyway, I am so glad I tried this dessert and was also able to use the same for a bigger tart => 10-inch tart and serve it to our guests.
All you need for these tarts are some fresh strawberries, milk chocolate, oreos, melted butter and some cream, which was measured carefully in the measuring mug from Fackelmann India
By Sheenam and Muskaan December-28-2017
Easy chocolate tarts topped with fresh strawberries
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 15 mins, plus 2 hours chilling
Total time: 2 hours 20 mins
Yield: Two 4-inch tarts
- 122 grams oreo cookies
- 40 grams unsalted butter (melted)
- 100 mls of cream
- 110 grams strawberries
- 100 grams chopped milk chocolate (we used Morde)
- Blend the oreo cookies until a crumby texture is formed.
- Transfer the oreos to a bowl and add the melted butter to it. Mix together until the oreos crumbs are moist and a little sticky texture is formed.
- Press the cookie mixture on the tart shells with the help of a spoon and smoothen up with the tips of your fingers. Freeze this for roughly 15 minutes.
- Pour the cream in a bowl and heat this in the microwave (do not boil, just slight simmering should work) and pour this over the chopped up milk chocolate. Let it sit for about 30 seconds and then mix together until all the chocolate is melted.
- Pour the chocolate on the cold oreo tarts and this goes back again in the refrigerator for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Slice the strawberries and cover the tarts with them. Keep the tarts in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour 45 minutes more before serving.
Guess we must not keep repeating our sentence over and over again in almost every blog post – WE LOVE WORKING WITH PUFF PASTRY! We discovered puff pastry at a local grocery store about a year and a half ago and have been experimenting with it ever since. Muskaan got so over-joyed in the first few months, that she made nutella croissants every second week! Imagine! But the store bought puff pastry is actually so so good, you would always feel like trying new recipes with it.
Anyway we have lately tried so many recipes with puff pastry involving cream cheese, different vegetables and also the sweeter version (again with cream cheese) and some berries. All of them coming soon, but we start with the Super-Season-Special => Christmas Special puff pastry recipe for you guys. This super adorable looking Christmas Tree is just something you can make with THREE ingredients – YES! Thats it! You only need puff pastry, chocolate (preferably nutella spread) and some milk for brushing. Also some icing sugar (optional!) The trick to this gorgeous looking Christmas Tree is making the twists properly- but don’t you guys worry, we have all the steps properly written for you in the recipe below.
You start by thawing the two sheets of puff pastry (should be thawed but still should be cold) and then roll out to shape both the sheets into rectangles of same size. Then the first pastry is covered with chocolate in the shape of a triangle (the Christmas tree) and then cover this sheet with other sheet of puff pastry. You have to cut out all the excess pastry (the part that is not covered with chocolate spread) – trust us, you will be able to feel with your fingers which part is covered and which part is not covered. Cut out the excess part of the pastry to form a proper tree.
With the help of a knife or a pizza-cutter, start making the branches – you need to make sure that they DO NOT meet from both the sides.
Twist each branch very carefully. If your chocolate spread has already started to get hard, then twist the pastry with extra care – it will take some effort, but eventually you should be able to twist them (at least two turns) and the top three branches – just one turn is enough.
Now brush the entire puff pastry tree with some milk and BAKE!
Here is the recipe for you guys:
Chocolate braided Christmas Tree
by Sheenam & Muskaan December – 23 – 2017
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 2 packs of 300 grams puff pastry
- 80 grams chocolate chips or nutella spread
- 2 tablespoons milk
- icing sugar for sifting post baking
- Thaw and roll out the puff pastry to form rectangles (as explained in the post above)
- Spread the chocolate spread of nutella on the pastry followed by covering it completely with another sheet of puff pastry.
- Prepare the christmas tree as explained in the post above.
- Brush the tree with some milk and bake it for 18-22 minutes in pre-heated oven at 180 degrees or until they are brown and cooked.
- Sift some icing sugar before serving. (optional)
With Christmas just around the corner and major meal planning going on, this ultimate side dish is a winner at big family dinners. Roasted potatoes are a hit at any kind of meal and serve as the best side dish or simple appetiser served with some sour cream dip.
If you guys have been following us, you definitely must have seen how often we bake potatoes – be it simple classic baked potato, or baked potato wedges or sweet potato fries (with which we have been slightly obsessed lately :D)
So good in flavour, these potatoes are best made with fresh rosemary instead of dried ones. These potatoes are so so easy to make and are ready in about thirty minutes with just a handful ingredients.
You simply boil the baby potatoes and cut them by two, followed by mixing all your ingredients and then leave it in the oven for the magic to happen.
A little tip => Once the potatoes are in the oven, keep checking the potatoes every 7-8 minutes. In this recipe the potatoes on the tray were turned twice (first after the first 10 minutes and then again after 10 minutes) – you might also want to turn your baking tray bringing the back to the front. These potatoes, once cooked, should be perfectly crisp and brown. Go ahead and serve these crispy roasted potatoes with your main dishes with a very very simple recipe.
Lets get started with the recipe 🙂
Rosemary and garlic baby potatoes
by Sheenam & Muskaan December – 16 – 2017
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 500 grams baby potatoes
- 50 grams melted butter
- 10 cloves of garlic (5 minced and 5 full cloves)
- 4-5 sprigs of rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the baby potatoes properly (do not peel them) and parboil them for about ten minutes.
- In the meanwhile pre heat the oven to 180 degree celsius.
- Place the boiled potatoes in a large bowl and cut each baby potato by two.
- Add the melted butter, minced garlic, full cloves of garlic, salt and pepper and the rosemary to the potatoes.
- Transfer the potatoes to a baking tray and place one sprig of rosemary on the potatoes and bake them for about 25 to 30 minutes and serve.
=> keep checking the potatoes every 7-8 minutes. In this recipe the potatoes on the tray were turned twice (first after the first 10 minutes and then again after 10 minutes) – they should be perfectly crisp and brown.
Our go-to pasta and the easiest dinner option – without any doubt: Spaghetti tossed in olive oil, butter, garlic and chilli flakes. If you are a garlic lover just like us, we can bet you, you would love this super easy super delicious spaghetti aglio olio pasta.
If you really think about it, this dinner dish comprises of hardly any ingredients and still is one of the most eaten comfort meals! Just top this garlicy pasta with some parmesan cheese (game-changer!) and dig in!!!
We had put a video of this dish as our first youtube video on our channel. Click here to see the video 🙂 Show us some love guys – like, subscribe and share (we are still in our super early stage!) Anyway, this pasta was made yesterday for dinner and we had posted a picture on our Instagram profile and many of you guys had asked for the recipe, so we decided to write a full post about it 🙂
Here is the recipe:
Spaghetti Aglio Olio
by Sheenam & Muskaan December – 10 – 2017
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
- 200-250 grams spaghetti
- one tablespoon olive oil
- 10 grams butter
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- finely chopped garlic cloves: 4-6
- salt to taste
- grated parmesan cheese
- Boil the spaghetti as per package instructions. Do not rinse with water!
- While the pasta is boiling, heat oil and butter in a pan.
- Add the crushed garlic and chilli flakes and let it cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti and toss it well in the butter and chilli mixture.
- Transfer it to a pasta dish and top with parmesan cheese (and parsley: optional!) and serve!