These whole wheat banana chocolate chip muffins are super healthy, chunky and so delicious! Imagine all the good things in the form of these gorgeous muffins, minus the extra fat? These skinny muffins are inspired by the superb blog of Krista and were the yummiest muffins I have ever had!
You can serve them as breakfast options with tea or coffee – because they are super easy to make (did I mention that they are also one-bowl muffins?) and have the goodness of bananas, whole wheat, walnuts and the sweetness comes from the honey (instead of sugar)
I used total three bananas, but you can also add an extra one, in case you want the muffins to be extra chewy. Also, I replaced coconut oil with regular (sunflower) oil and also added some walnuts to the batter – no reason, I just love them! 😀
Give these muffins a try and let me know if you like them 🙂
Whole wheat banana chocolate chip muffins
By Sheenam and Muskaan October-21-2017
Edited on 24.10.2017
Healthy breakfast muffins with banana, honey, walnuts and chocolate chips
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Yield: 11-12 muffins
- 3 bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup yoghurt (dahi)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (atta)
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Mash the bananas using a fork. Add vanilla essence, oil, yoghurt, honey, egg and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius.
- To the banana mixture, add the dry ingredients: wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and incorporate the mixture.
- Add the chopped walnuts and mix everything well.
- Line the muffin tins with cupcake liners and add the batter to each of them 3/4th of the way full.
- Top with chocolate chips and bake for 15-20 minutes at 180 degree celsius.